• Take off your jewelry before showering, swimming, or engaging in any strenuous activities.
• Clean your jewelry regularly to prevent buildup of dirt and oils.
• Get your jewelry professionally cleaned and inspected annually.
• Wear your jewelry while sleeping or doing household chores.
• Expose your jewelry to harsh chemicals such as bleach or chlorine. (Chlorine degrades the base metals in your gold and silver alloys)
• Apply lotions, perfumes, or hairspray directly onto your jewelry.
• Clean your jewelry with abrasive materials such as toothpaste or baking soda.
How to Clean:
• Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and mild soap to gently scrub your jewelry.
• Rinse your jewelry with lukewarm water
and pat it dry with a soft cloth.
• For tarnished sterling silver, use a polishing cloth specifically designed for silver.
• For solid gold jewelry, you can use a solution of warm water and a few drops of dish soap to soak your jewelry for a few minutes before gently scrubbing it and rinsing it with water.
By following these simple tips and cleaning your jewelry regularly, you can help extend the life of your precious pieces and keep them looking beautiful for years to come.